Thursday, March 29, 2007

Exercise 23

1. My favorite discoveries and exercises were flikr, youtube, and library thing.
2. I found or discovered while in this process that there is so much that I don't know and need to learn. As a librarian one must keep up with the fast moving pace of life long learning in order to meet the needs of the general public. Just when I think I got it, I have new information and technologies to remind me that I don't have it. Life Long Learning is just as it says, Learning continues as long as you are living.
3. Yes, I always wondered why or how pictures, music, and videos were uploaded on the internet. I had know idea that it is fast and easy in most cases. Also, what's so surprising is the vast amount of informational technology that takes place everyday.
4. I think that what you could do differently to improve this program's format is to use this tool as a Life Long Learning project by giving staff time to work on this consistently. You cannot practice Life Long Learning techniques in a few weeks, nor can you practice them in a few month, years, as it implies, it takes a life time to "LEARN".
5. Without a doubt, I would definitely participate. This program has opened up new and adventurous venues for me. I feel refreshed from the everyday same old thing syndrome. I would like to continue my quest into the unknown...

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations on finishing the 23 things! Good work!